Who We Are
West Coast Magnetics is a world leading manufacturer of magnetic components and filter assemblies spanning the frequency range of 100 kHz to 100 MHz. Our engineering team is integral to our success and we are a close, very skilled team who work together to deliver innovative and class leading solutions to our customers in the semi-conductor processing equipment, test and measurement, medical device and military/aerospace industries. You will be joining this team as a design engineer responsible for the development of new designs, conducting research on new technologies, and supporting new designs from conception through release to production and beyond.
The Electrical Engineer has the responsibility to:
- Design of magnetic components and filter assemblies for new West Coast Magnetics products including custom designs for customers.
- Conduct experimental work on new technologies.
- Specify new designs including bills of materials and process requirements.
- Test and characterize magnetic components and filters using both small signal and loaded power techniques.
- Interface with customer engineers during the design phase.
- Troubleshoot existing designs and existing products using problem solving techniques.
- Support production release of new and existing products.
- Support production after release to address technical and engineering related issues that arise as part of the normal production process.
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an Analog Power Electronics, or RF engineer.
- Basic understanding of common electrical system topologies.
- Basic understanding of kHz-MHz filter designs and analysis.
- Familiarity with RF Generator and RF Match techniques to determine loaded power properties of magnetic components and filter assemblies.
- Basic magnetic component design ability.
Organizational Values & Culture
WCM members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for our team!
WCM is an equal opportunity employer. We accept and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an all-inclusive environment for all employees.
Join a dynamic workforce that believes in Learning and Development Opportunities. We offer vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401k, and life insurance packages. Salary is based on experience.
Detailed knowledge of electronic circuits include AC-DC and DC-DC circuits such as buck-boost, flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, PFC, and LLC topologies to determine the relevant parameters for inductor and transformer designs.
Familiarity with RF Generator and RF Match techniques to determine loaded power properties of magnetic components and filter assemblies.
Generation of root cause analysis of component and filter assembly failures and techniques to increase reliability of designs.
Familiarity with semiconductor processing techniques including CVD, PVD, match, and plasma generation.
Generation of component level FEA simulation at RF frequencies.
PCB board layout experience.
Experience communicating directly with customer engineers during the design process and to solve problems.