PURCHASING ASSOCIATE II
Who We Are
West Coast Magnetics is a unique manufacturing company. We create what isn’t otherwise available in response to specific customer needs. When standard components do not solve a problem or fit a need, our teams engineer a solution! We specialize in the design, manufacture, and test of high mix, high complexity electronic assemblies. We serve a wide variety of communities, including the medical, communications, semiconductor, aerospace, communications, and test and measurement communities.
We are a fast-growing close-knit company focused on solving problems and creating high-quality solutions that are not available elsewhere. We are 120 employees strong and pride ourselves on our small company atmosphere, employee, and quality orientation.
We seek a Purchasing Associate II for our Purchasing Department.
Reporting RelationshipsThe Purchasing Associate II reports to: Purchasing Manager The Purchasing Associate II interfaces with: Purchasing personnel, Sales Department, Document Coordinators, Engineers, Receiving/Stockroom personnel, Quality Control, Accounting Department, Production Managers and President.
The Purchasing Associate II's responsibilities include:
- Obtain the best cost and shipping dates on supplies and materials ordered from vendors.
- Create quote price and delivery spreadsheets with complete, accurate, and precise information.
- Order supplies and materials from reliable vendors with favorable prices and delivery.
- Correct inaccuracies or request inaccuracies to be corrected.
- Follow processes for returns/receipt discrepancies accurately.
- Accurately enter receipt information on our excel copy PO and verify the price for Accounts Payable Department.
- Expedite materials as needed and make sure expedite notes are documented accurately and precisely.
- Per the request of the Purchasing Manager or of your own decision, make sure new employees or other department employees are trained on current or new processes
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with special tasks, including ERP Merges, ERP Rebuild Sort Files, ERP WO Purge and MRP Generation.
Organizational Values & Culture
WCM is an equal opportunity employer. We accept and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an all-inclusive environment for all employees.
We offer a dynamic workforce that believes in Learning and Development. A competitive compensation package, including annual profit sharing. Outstanding and comprehensive benefits package. The opportunity to join a fast-growing company.