Who We Are
West Coast Magnetics is a unique manufacturing company. We create what isn’t otherwise available in response to specific customer needs. When standard components do not solve a problem or fit a need, our teams engineer a solution! We specialize in the design, manufacture, and test of high mix, high complexity electronic assemblies. We serve a wide variety of communities, including the medical, communications, semiconductor, aerospace, communications, and test and measurement communities.
We are a fast-growing close-knit company focused on solving problems and creating high-quality solutions that are not available elsewhere. We are 120 employees strong and pride ourselves on our small company atmosphere, employee, and quality orientation.
We seek a top-notch Manufacturing Manager for our New Products team. Reporting to the COO, the manager will oversee and guide the daily activity of the manufacturing group responsible for building complex systems and components used in semiconductor processing equipment. We embrace a collaborative environment. The manager will work closely with the RF Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Supply Chain Purchasing Analyst, Stockroom Supervisor, Quality Control Manager, and Lead Inspector to ensure the quality of the product and commitments to the customer are met.
Reporting RelationshipsThe Production Manager reports to the COO. The shop floor Supervisor and the Production Control Planner report to the Production Manager. The Production Manager interfaces with the RF Engineer, the Manufacturing Engineer, the Supply Chain Purchasing Analyst, the Stockroom Supervisor, the Quality Control Manager, and the Lead Inspector
The Production Manager has the responsibility to:
- Consult with the COO and others to determine staffing and requirements and establish daily and weekly production schedule.
- Implement and manage a 5S program on the production floor. Conduct periodic 5S audits.
- Implement lean manufacturing layout and principles to minimize waste and improve productivity. Conduct root cause investigations and craft corrective actions.
- Verify the status of work in progress, material availability, staffing, and equipment utilization to meet production quotas and ship date commitments.
- Generate and review process/product improvement suggestions from production employees and interface with Lead Persons, President, Quality Control, Test Technician, Final Inspector, and/or other employees to determine the feasibility of suggestions.
- Insure the quality of all products by doing physical in-process spot-checking of parts on the production floor, bringing and problems to the attention of the Lead Persons.
- Maintain good morale, treat all employees fairly and impartially and review them on time.
- Comply with company policy Illness and Injury Prevention Program and Quality Policy.
- Complete a performance evaluation for every employee, every year and recommend a pay rate.
- The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree, engineering or manufacturing preferred.
- 5 or more years working in a supervisory or management role in an electronics production facility.
- Experience with implementation of lean and 5S systems.
- Proven ability to manage, develop and lead a team of 25 or more skilled employees.
- IPC 610 training and certification a plus Familiarity with analog electronic systems including RF filters preferred.
Organizational Values & Culture
WCM is an equal opportunity employer. We accept and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an all-inclusive environment for all employees.
We offer a dynamic workforce that believes in Learning and Development. A competitive compensation package, including annual profit sharing. Outstanding and comprehensive benefits package. The opportunity to join a fast-growing company.